Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CTHA Elections 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: CTHA Elections 2008 Reply with quote

This message has been sent to the CTHA membership.
If your are a member of the CTHA and have not received this email please contact the elections committee at cthaelections@hotmail.com

Dear CTHA membership

As many of you know the CTHA will be holding an election for the position of President of the CTHA.

At this time the board is asking you the members who would you like to nominate to run in this election.

Please reply to this email before August 10th 2008 with your nomination selection.

This email is only asking who you would like to be nominated to run in the election.

Only a CTHA member can be nominated to run in the election.

After the nomination emails have been returned by the CTHA membership the emails will be forwarded to the election committee.

The election committee will then contact all nominees and ask if they are interested in running in the election.

If the nominee agrees to run in the election the Election committee will request from the nominee a short statement outlining their goals for the CTHA when and if they win the election. The statement can be in French or English.

The Election committee will then proceed with the election by sending all CTHA members an Email Election Ballot.

The nominee’s name will appear on the ballot along with the aforementioned statement. The CTHA will have the statement translated so that both languages will appear on the ballot.

Then you the membership will be asked to vote for who you would like to be President of the CTHA by replying to that Email (ballot)

Cher membre du CTHA

Autant de de vous savez que le CTHA tiendra une élection ce mois pour la position du président du CTHA.

Actuellement le conseil vous demande que les membres qui vous aiment nommer pour courir dans cette élection.

Répondez svp à cet email avant 2008 le 10 Aout avec votre choix de nomination.

Cet email demande seulement qui vous voudriez être nommé pour courir dans l'élection.

Au-dessous de est une liste de membres de CTHA qui sont éligibles pour être nommés.

Seulement un membre de CTHA peut être nommé pour courir dans l'élection.

Après que les email de nomination aient été retournés par l'adhésion de CTHA les email seront expédiés au comité d'élection. Le comité d'élection alors contactera tous les dénommés et demandera s'ils sont intéressés à courir dans l'élection. Si le dénommé est d'accord sur la course dans l'élection le comité d'élection demandera au dénommé un rapport court décrivant leurs buts pour le CTHA quand et s'ils gagnent l'élection. Le rapport peut être en français ou anglais.

Le comité d'élection poursuivra alors l'élection en envoyant à tous les membres de CTHA un vote d'élection d'email.

Le nom du dénommé apparaîtra sur le vote avec le rapport mentionné ci-dessus. Le CTHA aura le rapport traduit de sorte que les deux langues apparaissent sur le vote.

Alors vous l'adhésion serez invité à voter pour qui vous voudriez que soit président du CTHA en répondant à cet email (vote)

Si vous n'êtes pas un membre du CTHA et voudriez être un ou vous êtes incertain de votre membre de CTHA que le statut contactent svp le comité d'élections à cthaelections@hotmail.com

Respectfully

Dan Casciati

CTHA Interim President
TheStein
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was wondering if there were going to be elections also within the ustha
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's part of the elections committee?
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two members of the committee.
Ron Chesick of Montreal and Reggie S of Edmonton.
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the newbies out there, what does the S in Reggie S stand for? SUPERMAN? STIGA?

There may be people wanting to join CTHA but don't know everyone's names... they may not join if they don't know what the S is for!

CTHA does not need this. To promote table hockey to those wanting to join they need names, not initials.

Will PM you shortly, in regards to a proposition of mine that I'm still waiting for an answer.

Salut!
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie S stands for Reggie Stefaniszyn,

and please tell everyone what the RBC in your "name" stands for also...

Respectfully
Dan
brotzp
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.....

Boxing
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluecollardan wrote:
Reggie S stands for Reggie Stefaniszyn,

and please tell everyone what the RBC in your "name" stands for also...

Respectfully
Dan

If people don't look at the webpages, then they won't know what RBC stands for! The links are for everyone to see!

Still waiting for your reply to the PM I sent ya.

To Paul B. in Detroit: I'm used to it, don't worry.
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't forget, Noms close Aug 10th!
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any word on the nominations. I am waiting with baited breath. Or maybe it's just those hot peppers I ate last night that has affected my sense of taste
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Canadian table hockey player and fan;

I have been nominated to run for the presidency of the CTHA. The next step in this process requires me to post my mission statement. So for better or worse here I go.

If I am elected and I agree to be the president of the CTHA I will do my best to …

( in no particular order)

1) Maintain the CTHA web site. I think this element is the most straight forward. I have spoke about this before so I will just say here that I am 95% sure I can get this done.

2) Put the C into the CTHA. What the heck does that mean? Basically, I would always try and put Canadian interests first.

Like any politician, I do not want to commit before I get all the facts in, but I think it would be an obligation to support all Canadian Table Hockey endeavors.

If angry Americans (I don’t think the Europeans really care) want to thump their chests and cry foul, this should not affect a Canadian decision.

If decisions made in Canada seem to favour Quebec, I say get used to it. That’s just Canada baby. Besides most of our membership is from Quebec anyway.

I will spell favour with a u.

3) My main goal will be to try and figure out what our Canadian membership wants. As best I can see we have 31 members and therefore there could be 31 ideas of what would be the best thing to do.

I would try and find consensus. I think everyone knows that there is not a lot we can do, but lets do what we can.

4) I will have fun.

99% guaranteed. I don’t see how anyone could get me off this game plan. I hope my LAHTO brothers would agree with this statement, I always try and enjoy myself and play a fair game.

This does not mean that I have no opinion. It just means when things do not go my way, I usually try and approach the matter with humour and respect my fellow players.

I will do my utmost to honour my heritage and the word respect is uppermost in my world.

So if those four elements are the pillars of my platform and everyone seems happy with the idea of “President Cooke”, then I think I should be up front and tell you …

(in no particular order)

1) I want nothing to do with the actual handling of the money. We can work out the logistics of this later but this will be a firm pre-requisite of mine. Trust me this is in the best interest of the CTHA.

2) I will rely on my friends. I will accept any advice from Pascal, but I other than technical issues for the web, I will respect Pascal’s wish to be left out of it. He has done more for TH than one man should.

So, it’s just a reality that most of my TH time has been spent with Stephen K, Eric D, Alain G and David D. It is just a practicality that because I play in a league with these guys it is only natural that I will get a chance to listen to these guys more than others.

If the membership thinks that they will have undue influence, maybe they will be right? Who knows? So on the same issue those guys will have to buck up when I make a decision that goes against their advice. Again back to respect.

3) I will run a tournament in Vancouver at the same time as the Olympics in 2010. Some may see this as a conflict of interest. I can tell you now these games will never be sanctioned or do I want them to.

4) It seems like right now the hot potato issue is 3 sanctioned tournaments in Quebec, and how it affects the rankings.

For me, and I am just being honest here, it just seems kinda silly. Is there anyone of us who has looked at the rankings and not said, “That don’t make sense”? I was once ranked 12th and could have had my **** kicked by 100 other lower ranked players.

But because it is a serious issue I will try and deal with it as best I can. I think Dan’s decision made sense. If folks want to complain, as is their nature, they should be allowed but really…

So 2 points on this sanctioning matter

a) I would argue that NYC, Boston and Philly are all kinda in the same neck of the woods, so is that fair? NYC has 3 NHL hockey teams, so if Montreal ends up with 2 tournaments is the comparison fair?

b) I would guess that perhaps the price of gas might be a bigger influence on how far players will travel.

Maybe the CTHA could become a lobby group. We could influence our government to allow the Yanks to tap the artic and drain mother earth dry of her oil. This would make for lower gas prices and higher attendance at TH games.

Oh oh I think I was just being silly.

5) Speaking of Yanks, I was born in the States and I love Americans. They can be big and loud and they get things done. Oh we’ve got some loud Cannucks for sure, but I think Canadians like to think of themselves as kinder and quieter.

So my main goal of seeking the leadership is to get things done. Therefore I will try and channel my “American within” for a good cause. I will try and be loud when necessary, but always think like a peacekeeper.

So to wind it up, I will not make a final decision until I have talked to everyone I can in Repentigy ’08. I still have a few questions to ask before my coronation.

… and my last word (for now) is, let’s remember to respect those elders that have blazed a path for us. Lets encourage the youth and allow their youthful optimism to heal our ills. Calm the bitterness that seems to attach itself to old age.
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC_Gone _Crazy wrote:
For the newbies out there, what does the S in Reggie S stand for? SUPERMAN? STIGA?

There may be people wanting to join CTHA but don't know everyone's names... they may not join if they don't know what the S is for!

CTHA does not need this. To promote table hockey to those wanting to join they need names, not initials.

That's why I'm not joining. Who wants to be in a club that possibly has Reggie Stiga as a member.

Rasta
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boys and Girls;

Opps this last post reminded me ...

Mackenzie is John Cooke. I forgot to sign my real name.

So that's John Fredrick Cooke, but my good friends call me John Cooke

thanks
John Cooke
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So while I am at it LTK in Bill's names stands for Leon "The King"

thanks
John Cooke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: