Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The CTHA Presidential Corner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: The CTHA Presidential Corner Reply with quote

Dear Canadians;

Welcome to the Presidential corner.

As some of you are aware, I John Cooke, am your new Canadian Table Hockey Association President.

My first and perhaps most important ongoing duties, will be to maintain the CTHA website. I am waiting to get the software and codes and once in my hands the work will really start.

So for now I wanted to grab this piece of real estate in heaven and, as Granny says, commence to proclamating.

Therefore without further adieau.

Pre-amble: Eric and the boys in Gatineau are awesome. The tournament was a well-oiled machine. Great job guys. Oh I am sure we are all aware of some of the improvements that need to be made…

Request # CTHAR 001-08: Anyone who wants to provide feedback to improve the show, please don’t make a big fuss about it! The guys who do all the work to get these tourney’s together do not need to be publicly lambasted.

Presidential Proclamation # CTHAP 001-08. There is a Canadian Stiga Tour. The Gatineau Challenge will mark the beginning of the tour season. (If for some reason there is no Gat Challenge or it’s dates move then we will go with Oct 31st)

So as of right now, as far as I can see we have

The Gatineau Challenge in October
The Alberta Games in February
The Montreal Rose Bowl classic in May
The Repentigny event in early September
The Edmonton Cential cup later in September

If I am forgetting some one please realize it’s not because of politics, it’s just that I do not know of any others So LET ME KNOW!

So if there is any business like membership and leadership that need a year-end date, we will use GC as the marker. It only makes sense to have a hockey season begin in the fall.

Presidential Proclamation # CTHAP 002-08. Presidential terms will run for 2 years. After 2 years the job must be review and another election carried out.

So you’ve got me until October 2010. Over the next days and weeks I will try and deal with constitutional stuff, like elections and memberships etc

But before I go I would like to make a request

If you want to complain, go for it. I have started another thread where you can attempt to pull me down. But I think I am too stupid to be personally hurt by any criticism.

I just want to be able to send anyone to a series of posts that explains what I am trying to do in a linear fashion. Un-interrupted by the fact that … I joke around too much, I have no offence from my right side, I do not understand Quebec, the West, Hogtown or really anything for that matter.

I am trying to keep at least one campaign promise and put the C back into the CTHA. So like Lester Pearson suggested, we can be good peacekeepers. That is the ideal. But like Mackenzie King knew, in times of war, you gotta do what you gotta do.

So in parting. It was great to see everyone in Gatieau. Your advice was greatly appreciated. Once I can make further contact with the executive of the CTHA I will do my best to move the Association forward...

in a kind, fun-loving, peaceful and dare I say Canadian way.

John Cooke
ReggieJ44
CTHA Western Rep
CTHA Western Rep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, one more tournament, I believe, is the King in Vancouver held in early August. Warren can fill you in.

Reggie Stefaniszyn ETHL
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps

thanks Reggie, that's awesome. Now the tour is 3 in the east and 3 in the west. If we can just get Nunivat on board ...but for now we are looking at,

The Gatineau Challenge in October
The Alberta Games in February
The Montreal Rose Bowl classic in May
The King of TH? Vancouver in August
The Repentigny event in early September
The Edmonton Centenial cup later in September
Cowboy
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieJ44 wrote:
John, one more tournament, I believe, is the King in Vancouver held in early August. Warren can fill you in.

Reggie Stefaniszyn ETHL

Unless Reggie knows something I don't know, the King isn't
happening in August. At lease not a sanctioned one. Confused

Warren
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... umm ok. I guess we can just count on 5 tourney's for now, so onto the business of the day.

One of the first things I have to work on is how the executive works together to make decisions. But until that day…

As George Bush once said “I am the decider”.

And my latest is

Proclomation CTHAP-003-08

I am declaring a membership amnesty. If you played in a Stiga tournament or a Stiga league since the 07 version of the Gatineau Challenge, and you are a Canadian citizen living at home or aboard, or have landed immigrant status, you are a CTHA member. Absolutely free!

If you do not want to be a CTHA member you will have to contact me and have your name removed. I know this is like negative billing. Nuff said.

Regarding membership moving forward from Gatineau 08, I am looking at adapting an excellent idea that came from my executive, the $2.00 membership fee plan.

I will ask all tournament organizers to donate $2 to the CTHA for every Canadian attending your event. This rule does not apply to any non –Canadian attending your event.

For now I will just list your name and province. I will not post any email addresses or any other information in order to respect privacy issues. The CTHA will however gather contact information on as many players as possible.

The idea here is that if someone is starting a league or organizing a tournament, the CTHA will have an up to date database, and the association can pass along a list of players who may be interested in your league/tourney.

So we will have to work out a way for members to indicate how much they want to share their personal information. Right now there is a fairly extensive list of players on the Tablehockeyheaven web site and within the ITHF ranking system.

I will contact Eric to confirm the list of the Canadians that attended Gatineau 08.

So I guess the main thing is if you know your name exists in one or more of these spots, and you do not want to belong to the CTHA, let me know ASAP.

The $2.00 tournament fee is not mandatory for tournament organizers. If for some unforeseen reason a tournament looses significant money the CTHA can waive the fee. Why? The last thing I want to do is cause more grief for someone who went to all the trouble of trying to make something happen and it just didn’t.

In other words, after Eric, Junior, Reggie, Pierre OR whoever has done all that work, I do not want to say “oh you lost money, too bad you owe us $30!” These fees should come from the revenue generated at the tournament, not out of the pocket of the organizer.

As far as leagues, I was thinking for $10 you can have all the members of your league registered as members.

But as I say it is an amnesty period for now.

I do not want to make things too complicated, however I will probably make 2 categories of membership. 1 is Active and the other is Honourary.

Active members are those who are playing, and through either a league or tournament and have paid their fees.

An Honourary member will be everybody else.

So that’s it that’s all for now, other than to ask if you run a tourney or a league and find the fees difficult let me know now.

So far Eric has indicated that he will be able to send the fees for Gat 08. I will check in with the rest of you as soon as I can.

Coming soon…

I would like to deal with the ranking system and sanctioning. I can tell you that I went to the ITHF’s web site and boy oh boy there is a lot of information.

On a humorous note: I did notice that the ITHF does have a policy around performance enhancing substances. In Gatineau, I believe I was the only one who did not drink the free Redbull. Therefore I am pleased to announce that everyone else has been disqualified and I won Everything!
ptheriault
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending 2$ for each canadian players and 1$ for each player to USTHA for the ranking, I don't think tournament do that much money for all this in my oppinion.

All money that tournament generate should be invest back in the next event to give better things to attrack more players. Personnally the USTHA ranking should be volunteer work, because we don't know where the money goes and what they are doing with it and we never see any election from them since we had 3 or 4 in the CTHA, I pretty think it's very bad from them. We have the World ranking that we can use for free, why not using it.

Money should come from sponsorship and I don'T think it will happen because nobody take thins seriously enough to find major sponsors because we don't know how and no companie are interested to invest in something that does not gererate anything to them, thats the reality.

all that was my personnal oppinion...
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal;

Thanks for the input. I was kinda wondering the same thing.

I think one of my main goals is not to go and tell tournament organizers what to do. As far as how the games are actually played we can give them some guidlines, but there is no way I am going to tell anyone how to spend their money.

To support your idea further... I got direction that the CTHA is stiga. To me stiga is the international game, so it only follows that we use their standards.

And I am not smart enough to figure out all that math to calculate rpms, vlt's, algorthems such.

I would like time to decide on my official stand on this issue, because ideally with have a healthy relationship with our American brothers.

As far as sending money south, I could see spending money on this site. It's awesome.

anywho I have started to talk with the Yanks, so give me some time see about maintianing some level of co-operation.

Gotta go

but thanks again Pascal.
brotzp
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for an election from the USTHA in the very near future....

We also need to remember to work together......
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Canadians;

Ironically enough I tried to post something in the tavern and nothing happened. Bill banned from a tavern? Quel surprize

anywho, I just confirmed a location so, perhaps it is time to say this here. I will be holding a tournament in Vancouver during the Olympic games.

I have been speaking with potential partners for some time now. Their exact interests and perhaps more importantly level of financial interest will dictate a lot.

I can say it will be a Stiga tournament. I bet it will not be sanctioned by the ITHF or will it live or die depending upon CTHA sanctioning. I should be fun.

... and actually it has been announced for sometime now. You just have to wade through certain levels of fiction. For more info go to www.parthianfilms.com for updates as they come in.

I think the political term is flushing an issue. My advisers were saying that we should be in front of the issue.

So now speaking purely as the President. I am all behind THE BIG ONE, and will do all we can to make this a reality. I am just saying if you want it in 2010 there may be a conflict in February.

John Cooke
DeadlyRedly
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Book your hotels & air flights now! That city is gunna be packed! Rolling On Floor Laughing
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: the web is confusing Reply with quote

Hello fellow Canadians;

Now that the honeymoon is over, regarding my presidency, I am taking some flak. All of it is due, but hard to take nonetheless.

I have had to deal with some technical issues that were unforeseen, and I am still banging my head against the www wall But …

The ctha.ca site is back to its former glory and I am on the verge of launching a new site. You can preview this site by going to http://ctha.powweb.com/

That’s it for tonight

Goodnight and Merry Christmas.
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow Canadians;

Soon I keep saying soon. Look now to http://ctha.powweb.com/index.html and www.ctha.ca update soon.

For today I would like to see the Alberta Stiga Table Hockey Championships IV, be part of the Canadian tour. A CTHA sanctioned event. We would have to make an exception to the 100 mile rule, but we don't even have miles in Canada?

anywho it's mainly up to Reggie. But is there anyone out there who would complain?

Thanks
John Cooke
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John and CTHA dudes...

After the USTHA election is over, I plan to convene a group of all interested parties in the US and Canada to discuss tournament sanctioning and the ranking system. It seems we have some issues to resolve on the sanctioning end: the tournaments in Montreal (Junior Gelinas and Pierre) are within 100 miles of each other. And Detroit has a tournament, but it is within 100 miles of a tournament in Winsdor that some Canadian gentlemen are interested in starting up. So, we've probably got a figure out a new way of dealing with this things. Edmonton could be part of such a discussion.

We've also typically waited until the start of the new tour year (July 1) for such changes to take effect.

Thanks for your consideration,
Eric
ustha.com
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After too many phone calls to tech support

www.ctha.ca is up and running.

yippy

John Cooke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: