Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITHF proposed rule changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> United States Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: ITHF proposed rule changes Reply with quote

Hello all. Please read below and offer feedback in this thread. I will try to answer questions the best I can.

ITHF publishes proposed rule changes

The ITHF Executive Committee was asked to review the ITHF Game Rules and Tournament Rules. Many of you have told us that specific rules are unclear or need to be adjusted. In response, we have put together this list of 14 proposed changes for each nation to vote on. The national associations have a copy of the rules, and member nations will vote on the proposals Oct. 6-13. Only those proposed changes that receive a majority of YES votes will be put into effect. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Executive Committee. You can also discuss these proposals here. These proposals do not cover all the issues that some of you have raised. We are aware of other areas that need to be addressed carefully, and it will take some time before solutions to all problems can be found. We see these proposals as a step in the right direction, but not the final step.

Read the proposed rules changes here: http://byline302.tripod.com/aboutus/ITHFRuleChangeProposals2014.pdf
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the rule amendments,

Rule 3 should still be amended further to reflect the 3 second rule as the defining factor of the face off goal.
Then the other factors to the rule should fall into place.

My experience at ITHF events reflects that no matter how a goal is scored off the face off, if 3 seconds hasn't passed, the goal doesn't count.

Also, the delay tactic of touching players while play is "In Progress" needs to be revisited.

At most events now, measures are taken to secure the player figurines to the stubs prior to the event starting so as the figurines don't rise or move during a game.

It should be a rule that before a game starts that competitors check to ensure all figurines are fastened or secured prior to starting a match, thus eliminating this annoying tactic.

Should a figurine lift during a game, the figurine is then fixed after a scoring play or the puck leaving the game surface.

Allot of times. taping the players doesn't fall within the 5 second "Passive Play" rule and on most occasions is not called , allowing the player taping the players down to gain an extra 2-3 seconds to a play.

Just my observation
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I'll check out the Rule 3 point you made.

As for touching players/patting down the players...in North America, we fasten them down using sticky tape or tack it over and over...but in Europe, that is definitely not the case.

Over there, it seems to be a given that the players ride up as a result, and they are almost obsessive-compulsive in tapping down the players.

Superdave3n2 wrote:
I read the rule amendments,

Rule 3 should still be amended further to reflect the 3 second rule as the defining factor of the face off goal.
Then the other factors to the rule should fall into place.

My experience at ITHF events reflects that no matter how a goal is scored off the face off, if 3 seconds hasn't passed, the goal doesn't count.

Also, the delay tactic of touching players while play is "In Progress" needs to be revisited.

At most events now, measures are taken to secure the player figurines to the stubs prior to the event starting so as the figurines don't rise or move during a game.

It should be a rule that before a game starts that competitors check to ensure all figurines are fastened or secured prior to starting a match, thus eliminating this annoying tactic.

Should a figurine lift during a game, the figurine is then fixed after a scoring play or the puck leaving the game surface.

Allot of times. taping the players doesn't fall within the 5 second "Passive Play" rule and on most occasions is not called , allowing the player taping the players down to gain an extra 2-3 seconds to a play.

Just my observation
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> United States Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: