Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CTHA Election

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: CTHA Election Reply with quote

The CTHA will be holding an open election this month for the position of President of the CTHA.
An email will be sent out to all members of the CTHA in both English and French requesting nominations.

Then later this month a second email will be sent from the CTHA election committee to all members.
This email will be your ballot for the elections. This ballot (email) will contain the names of who is running and perhaps their platform. The CTHA membership will be asked to vote (reply to the email) for who they want as President of the CTHA.

More details will be contained in the email that will be sent later this week.
If you are a member of the CTHA and have not received an email by Monday Jan 14th please PM me here on heaven and I will be forward the email to you.

This election is open to the CTHA membership only. If you would like to join the CTHA please contact myself or any member of the board.

www.ctha.ca

Thanks
Dan Casciati
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Boys and Girls;

I John Cooke (not Bill) would like to throw my hat in the ring.

More on this later. But for now, is this the official place to register my presidential desires?

John Cooke
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI John

An email will be sent out soon as we can collect everyones email address.
Hopefully we'll have them very soon, I'll work on it this weekend.

Dan
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey boys and girls John Cooke here;

I have indicated an interest in the CTHA presidency. If you know me, then you aware itís time for a long-winded rambler.

So to see for myself what I was getting into, I checked the mission statement on the web site.

As I see it, the main points are:

1) Committed to the advancement of competitive Stiga table hockey

2) Organizing leagues and tournaments both at the local and national levels.
3) Seek out sponsorships while providing a vehicle for the marketing of the sponsor's products or services.
4) The CTHA will be the herald of some of the activities witnessed on other table hockey games composing our unique Canadian mosaic.
5) The CTHA Web site will serve as a quick and easy reference for league and tournament information, player rankings, news headlines, contacts and members, as well as multimedia items.
6) Improve the individual player's skill level to better prepare him/her for participation in sanctioned events.
7) We strongly believe that all CTHA sanctioned tournaments will cater to all playing levels; from novice to expert.
Cool The CTHA will be involved in the establishment of selection criteria for, and the support of a National team, which will compete at World Cup events.

9) An accurate accounting of the receipt and application of all funds generated through membership, donations, and sponsorship, will be readily available to all members.

So to practice good politics here is my platform on all Mission items.

1) ADVANCE STIGA As the first goal, it is something I do support but would not nessesarily put it 1st. See more on item #4.

2) Organize games. Well I donít know if we do anything much to help with local leagues, So I wonít do much there other than my statement on item #5

3) Sponsors Thatís a tough one. I wonít totally ignore this item, but I have little confidence in total success.

4) I donít really understand herald. But going back to mission statement #1, I think it does not make sense to ignore the other games being played. Youíre telling me we are the Canadian Table Hockey Association and our first priority is a game invented in Europe?
When I looked up the word Heralded, it gave me messanger? If I were the king of the forest I would say that the first goal would be to ďAdvance Canadian table hockey.Ē

But I do understand that one can only do so much. If we need to pare down and focus up, in order to actually get something done, I understand why, and therefore could support a Stiga 1st mandate.

5) This is the item that I could take care of 110%.

6) My best idea here is just to continue to promote the sales of the DVDís that Pascal and the boys made. Besides the face to face stuff that happens at tournies and leagues, Itís the best tool we have to teach now.

7) I have some ideas on how to make tournies better for 1st time and novice players. I save this idea for my acceptance speech. Should it be required.
Cool
9)
10) Again a tough one. Picking the team, is something I want no part of. Again I will help facilitate, but I can see for some bad vibes ahead.

Ďcause the way I look at it isÖ What this is saying is we want to send our top 8 to Europe. OK Letís say itís at least $3,000 per player. Times 8, thatís $24,000.00. Do I think itís do-able Yes. Do I think itís the best idea for the Association. Maybe not.

Letís say by some fluke we raise $24,000. You would need another $1,500 to manage $24 k for accountants etc so Ö You are saying our best investment of $25 K is sending 8 guys to Europe. Again if thatís what makes sense to everyone, it is something I will get behind. ButÖ

9) If we are planning to raise $24,000+ I would hope this is obvious.

While on the site I noticed we have 34 members total. 21 from Quebec. 3 from the USA

So now with the rules out of the way here is my version J.F. King

Henceforth known as ďThe stump speech heard round the hollerĒ. And here it goes.

I love the game.

But I have problem brothers and sisters, hear me now I have a problem.

Let tell you about my problem, let me tell you a story.

The best bits of the game are directly related to time. To use the clichť, when the game slows down.

On offence you see an opening and perform a move you have practiced umpteen hours. You are successful and the puck in fact does go top shelf, on a good player, Good times, but shared by all?

More thrilling when same effect happens on defence. You see what someone is trying to do, and you shut it down. Once again, rarely a thrill shared by all.

Other sports offer this thrill so whatís so special about table hockey?

Why the love?

I think it just could be this.

It was a game that was invented as a Christmas present for a kid. If EVeR you would think that there was a game out there that was designed to be pure fun, it would be this game.
Surely if karma exists, this one game could diminish any of the nasty side effects that a competitive sport attracts.

Perhaps this one game. This game I love.

I have seen some evidence of the above stated theory and thatís the dream of it ...

But, whoís got the time to save the world?

Playing in LAHTO and going to tournaments I now have irrefutable proof that TH guys are the best. Iíve met more honest folks that are quick to laugh, appreciate, and respect their fellow brothers. So I do see hope brothers, but thatís enough of that for now.

Re the Bill stuff, in my mind it is quite separate from TH. I work in TV and long ago decided that I like to write, ainít none good at it, but enjoy the process. So as your president I will promise you that I will as time permits, continue to tell stories about a community that loves hockey.

As your President these stories may be a bad thing. Folks would talk of ďself interestsĒ and other high fluting ideas.

So I have a problem, I ainít into the name-calling. AND I KNOw I am being a hypocrite because in my upcoming web site there will be a certain level of trash talk, intended for humour, but trash none the less.

My problem is why invite sour ideas into my life through TH? Why ask for the trouble that responsibility can attract? Because I love the game, I want to give back to the game. I feel bad for Pascal doing all that work ...

So hereís the substance of what I am offering you as your CTHA President. I will make the web site current. Pascal lives close, so I think an initial hour with him would make that happen. I now work at a buddyís place that has Dreamweaver and high speed. (dial up at home) so I should be able to make that happen. That much I would do.

After that, itís an issue of time. I would say the next best idea has to come from the membership. And we all know how that will work. Someone like Junior does most of the work for the T-shirts, invests time and money, and TH still hasnít saved the world.

So as your CTHA President I would say that I have no ideas how not to lean on the Juniors and Pascalís of our community.

As your potential CTHA President, I talked to Steve Klump, and after the talk I was thinking that maybe Stephen could help me.

Stephen has taken on the job of making sure the newsletter gets out there. I could meet with Stephen perhaps twice a month, discuss the issues of the day, for 30 mins or so and between us we keep the web site and the newsletter active. I think this would happen. I am motivated to practice with Stephen. So we yap for a time, then play. It will happen.

AS your CTHA President, I think I could co-ordinate folks. I think I am pretty good at it. I had the good fortune to speak with Dan on the TH road. I like Dan. I do not foresee ever having issues with the man.

So if you made it this far, good for you. Here is the ReaL proposal. What if the executive looked like...

Dan/or whoever was president. Responsible for the $. I say Dan because he is a good guy and has showed an interest. And with such a high percentage of the membership out of Quebec, to have Johnny Anglo run the show is not the Canadian way.

John Cooke was CEO, because I like the sound of it. I would take care of the web. Use the web to develop discussion. Moderate said discussion and facilitate decisions from and to the executive and membership. I would need help to translate for the French side.

Stephen Klump would take care of the newsletter. Iíll let Stephen create his own job title, but lets use the phrase ďGrand PoobahĒ for now.

Pascal T. would hold the position of Elder Statesmen. He would meet with Stephen K and John C for 10 mins once a month or so and provide sage advice on the issues of the day. This would be easy to do during the LAHTO season. In the off-season I would pass emails his way, or meet at a Summer Cup event.

As your CTHA President, I would suggest we develop a process for making decisions. I would suggest that The president, the CEO and the Grand Poobah form the unholy brain. This brain would be the ultimate decider. However they must seek the advice of the Elder statesman and other regional reps. Especially in the case of a 2-1 vote.

Letís try it for a year?

Now as your potential CTHA President I say Table hockey is not doing too badly. I guess it depends on what people expect? You see, I think a game in the kitchen is as valid as any ITHF sanctioned extravaganza.

I wonder what people expect? If I had $30,000.00 we could get a show on ESPN 8 and 200 people would watch it? Get more press out to tourneys, so there are more flashbulbs going off, and delays while they interview Kenny?

Anywho, on my upcoming web site I will yap about what defines the Canadian game. Separate from both the European and American experiences. I am interested to hear feedback. And if I was chosen to lead the CTHA I would try and put the C back into the CTHA.

What does that mean ... how about a story?

I love Steve B. If he were here right now I would kiss him. I love Jim R. I have not talked to Jim as much as Steve, so it may take a beer or two before I would kiss him, but I love what Jim is doing for Table Hockey. As far as Gerry P, I think I did kiss him? That night in Chicago is kinda fuzzy.

I really donít know why those boys fight over a game that was invented for kids?

Oh and I know I am far from perfect. When I feel like I have let in a bad goal, I get mad at myself. When I am mad I use bad words. This does not help.

I recognize that my hockey heaven is a pipe dream and that folks like to fuss. But as your CTHA President I believe I could build mediate well. Generate some honest fun. And perhaps that is more of a Canadian ideal. Make peace, do your best, and have fun.

So my main problem is, how do I have fun and work for the CTHA at the same time? I think I can do it.

Any who, just a nutty idea I had. Iíve been wrong before. Looking forward to your feedback, especially those mentioned in this manifesto.
Patrick
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on the CTHA voting ??

"When Hell Freezes over, we will play hockey there too"
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: ctha elections Reply with quote

I know the pastor in Snake River has slowed down my assent to total world domination but other than that?

What the? is my main question. Or better yet, when the?

My main objection to the apathy is the upkeep of the CTHA website, or lack there of.

so any news on the election? so we can decide who the?

john c
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: ctha elections Reply with quote

I know the pastor in Snake River has slowed down my assent to total world domination but other than that?

What the? is my main question. Or better yet, when the?

My main objection to the apathy is the upkeep of the CTHA website, or lack there of.

so any news on the election? so we can decide who the?

john c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: