Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merry Christmas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCooke
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Merry Christmas Reply with quote

Well boys and girls, just two more sleeps until the big man arrives.

On my to do list was this post. I wanted to take the time to wish all of you the best of the season, whatever that means to you.

For me table hockey has always had a clear tie into Christmas. How many of us got that first game Christmas morning? Glad tidings indeed.

Christmas morning I am going to give me nephews a game. A used beat up old game, but a game none the less. The tradition continues. From Don Munro to today, still the best Christmas prestent ever!

So thanks again for last year, I did not play as much as I would like to have, but the games I did get to play were, each in their own way A GIFT.

For those who don't know I copied a brief blurb here ...

The earliest type of these mechanical hockey games was built by Donald H. Munro, Sr. in his Toronto home in 1932-33. Made of wood and scrap metal found in his neighborhood, Munro built his first game as a Christmas present for his children at a time when he could not afford to buy gifts.
Steve Dowell
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Merry Christmas Reply with quote

And a Merry Christmas to you too John. We here at the Central Pennsylvania Hockey League www.cpthl.org wish every one of YOU, in all other leagues a Merry Christmas also!

Over the years, people have often discribed their favorite Christmas (usually waiting for that illustrious table hockey game) morning when just a young man - mine, when I was 12 and "just knowing" I was going to receive a table hockey game; but not knowing I was going to receive the Cadillac of all models, the 1972 Coleco Trophy Model Not Worthy

Here's to all those memories, all these years playing table hockey since for the little boy in us has remained ... thank God! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Smile
pin
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Merry Christmas to you guys too and all the Guy's & Gals out there in Table Hockey Land I will lift a Rum & Egg Nog to all of you later tonight. I too remember my first game under the tree 1973 Bobby Hull 2012 Gold Cup wraped in brown paper standing up beside the tree, left it to the very last to open then had fun putin all the player decals on then playin my Dad Uncle and Cousins till Mom said Off the Table lol I hope you all have a very Merry Christamas and safe and Happy New Year!!!!!!! Smile

Dave WCTHL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas To All!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: