Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from the CTHA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTHA President
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Greetings from the CTHA Reply with quote

Dear Table Hockey Aficionados,

This month the president of the Canadian Table Hockey Association (CTHA), John Cooke, stepped down from his position due to time commitments. John has been the president since 2008 and has worked hard in this position. I would like to thank him for his services, his time and the work he did for the CTHA over the years (You can read his goodbye letter on the old "ctha.ca" website before it is removed in a few days). As of November 2015, I am pleased to take over as President of the CTHA. I know this will be a challenging position and being a volunteer position, I know issues will arise but I look forward to working with all the Canadian leagues and players as well with our cousins down south and Eric Krol, president of the USTHA and with the International Table Hockey Federation (ITHF) at the International level.

My first order of business is to promote the great game of table hockey and our leagues and players. This means promoting all tables. Stiga and Coleco will be the main focus of the CTHA because the CTHA has a national ranking system for both but other tables will be promoted as well as they are played throughout Canada.

The CTHA statement on the front of our website tells viewers that:

“The CTHA is a non-profit association comprised of table hockey leagues and players in Canada. We are committed to the advancement of the sport of table hockey across Canada. Stiga and Coleco along with Benej, Super Chexx, Carleco, SoHo Coleco, Munro, Eagle, Irwin Power Play 2, Gretzky's Overtime, Gamecraft are some of the tables used in the various leagues and tournaments throughout Canada. The CTHA is committed to the advancement of competitive Stiga and Coleco table hockey by encouraging, promoting, and organizing leagues and tournaments both at the local and national levels. The CTHA maintains a ranking system on the national level for both STIGA and Coleco players. This website will provide information on upcoming tournaments, league information, news headlines and contacts from across Canada. The CTHA strongly believes that all CTHA sanctioned tournaments will cater to all playing levels, from novice to expert. If you want to play in a league or need help in starting a league, please contact the CTHA.”

I have had the pleasure of being the President of the Winnipeg Table Hockey League (WTHL) since 1989. Along with the experience of playing, running, organizing and promoting tournaments, I want to bring enthusiasm and an inclusive approach to my new position with the CTHA.

The CTHA will continue to spread the word, just as many of our leagues and tournament organizers already do, about our great game at the National level. The CTHA will promote all the great players and leagues and will grow as an association.

The CTHA will also be seeking out more sponsorships to help the CTHA achieve its objectives while promoting the sponsor's products or services.

With a fresh start come 3 new things for the CTHA:
1. A new website.
2. A new web address (www.canadiantablehockeyassociation.com)
3. A new logo.

A great deal of time and effort has gone into this new transformation and I know more is to come but one step at a time.

I encourage you to go to the new website and check it out along with the new logo. If you are a league organizer, please link to the new site with the new logo. If there are any other Canadian leagues that want to be added to the CTHA list or if you want to discuss table hockey, have new ideas or have any suggestions, please email me at (president@canadiantablehockeyassociation.com).

Regards,
Sal Capizzi
President of CTHA
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the web site.

Congrats on the new gig, Sal.
CTHA President
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eric, I appreciate it! Looking forward to working with everyone.
andrew2010
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Well said Sal.
CTHA President
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andrew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: