Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open Nominations for CTHA Positions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Open Nominations for CTHA Positions. Reply with quote

Open Nominations for CTHA Positions.

The CTHA is looking for people!

At this time the CTHA is holding open nominations for new regional reps and other senoir positions within the organization.

If you or someone you know is willing to step up to help promote our sport, please send the CTHA an email letting us know.

The Canadian Table Hockey Association (CTHA) is a non-profit organization comprised of table hockey players and enthusiasts residing in Canada. This group will be committed to the advancement of competitive Stiga table hockey by encouraging, promoting, and organizing leagues and tournaments both at the local and national levels. The CTHA will also be seeking out sponsorships to help the CTHA achieve its objectives while providing a vehicle for the marketing of the sponsor's products or services.
In addition, the CTHA will be the herald of some of the activities witnessed on other table hockey games composing our unique Canadian mosaic.

The CTHA Web site will serve as a quick and easy reference for league and tournament information, player rankings, news headlines, contacts and members, as well as multimedia items.

By promoting, supporting, and encouraging the development and growth of local leagues, one of the CTHA's goals is to improve the individual player's skill level to better prepare him/her for participation in sanctioned events. We strongly believe that all CTHA sanctioned tournaments will cater to all playing levels; from novice to expert.

The CTHA will be involved in the establishment of selection criteria for, and the support of a National team, which will compete at World Cup events. An accurate accounting of the receipt and application of all funds generated through membership, donations, and sponsorship, will be readily available to all members.

I'd would like to mention that as some of you already know, Pascal Thériault is stepping down as President of the CTHA. I would like to take this chance to thank Pascal for all his great work with the CTHA. His work in creating and updating the CTHA website has been invaluable. He's donated much of he's free time and skills to really help expand the CTHA. Thank You Pascal!!

http://www.ctha.ca/contactus/index_e.htm

Thanks

Dan Casciati
Former CTHA regional Rep -
Ontario and Maritimes .
EricK
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure working with Pascal as the CTHA president.

Best of luck to the incoming CTHA officers.
Cowboy
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricK wrote:
It was a pleasure working with Pascal as the CTHA president.

Best of luck to the incoming CTHA officers.

Thank you President Pascal for all you have done for the CTHA!

Warren
ptheriault
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys it's just to step back for a moment before it's too late and enjoy TH a bit more then killing myself to try promoting, it's hard to do both. Now I just want to play the game and have fun.

Maybe I'll be back stronger... you never know with me !!
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your Table Hockey works. Thank you for Everything Mr. Pascal!

Happy Thanksgiving
Jim Rzonca
ReggieJ44
CTHA Western Rep
CTHA Western Rep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Pascal, for all your work.

Reggie Stefaniszyn ETHL
carlie b
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal has done a lot for me and for Hockey Sur Table Quebec as well and this comining from a Stiga lover for Coleco purpose. What a truly nice guy with many, many talents. Thank-You very much my friend, you are ireplacable. That beeing said, that doesn't mean someone else cannot do a fine job as well so good luck in the finding and then good luck and many success to the new guy.

Ciao
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I might be the new guy... but I swore to be a fan, but from a distance.

What CTHA (surprisingly no S after the C!!!) needs is great people with skills to attract other people in the game and helping the best players to take the crown of best table hockey players away from europeans!!!

Those same people have to really sell the concept to major sponsors who can help canadian table hockey achieve their goals, and not just be tourists, like I've been in the past. The canadian table hockey talent pool right now is very divided, with many who play on only one game, but there is, a surprising bunch who can play on ANY GAME IMAGINABLE!!! And since I'm one of those rare people, I'm no longer good enough to pursue this, and only concentrate on the game I love the most.

Let me remind you the best players overseas play on only one game, and only a select few can play on other games. Cambridge, Massachussetts was the place where the best players saw what could be done on a large game, with 2 legends, Dan Wallen and Jake Lindahl among the top 3 in their first event on a game they only started to play only upon their arrival in North America, six weeks before the event took place. This made Ken Dubois become a better player, as he picked up the original game Dan and Jake played, and applied it to any game he plays, making him the best all-around player he is today!

Right now, games CTHA plays on are on sale at canadian Toys'R'Us stores. Take it out of the box, and play right away. The makers found that out the hard way, as recent games need no preparation, like spraying the gears and slots with silicon spray. But something is missing...

no, not playing figures or goals or legs. It's missing Information about an association in which young canadians picking up table hockey can start thinking about having local events, and eventually head to Europe (or a north american venue willing to invest in staging a great event) to reach the goal they started out with when they first played this little game.

Table hockey is a great hobby, but only some select people view this as a sport. As examples, Latvia and Russia do have a great young talent pool, and the players we have today are getting older, and it's the same story in some european posts, including the other 4 countries of the BIG SIX: Sweden, Finland, Norway and Czech Republic.

If there are any who believe Canada is a better table hockey nation, but only wants to stay in their own backyard, then the CTHA has no purpose whatsoever in pursuing the international goal.

BTW, in 2009 Budapest, Hungary will host the 11th world Championships. I may head there, but won't represent anything. I did represent my country, and took care of my own expenses at times. Now current players cannot make the same sacrifices I made, so to have major sponsors involved is a must, in order for the best people today to play and compete against the best the world has to offer.

But if you prefer staying here, I'll understand. It isn't everybody who are gung-ho about international table hockey played on only one game... which ISN'T CANADIAN!
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people are viewing, but they don't follow in replying...

C'mon! type up something! Something to make me go away as I'm past my prime!!!
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CTHA has gotten emails from a few people who are interested in joining the "board".

Many have the same question...what is it that I'll have to do?

As a Regional Rep you'll be answering emails from people in your region of Canada. Also the Regional Reps will be asked to provide input as to what the CTHA can do to help grow the sport. The total dedicated hours that a rep puts in is up to the individual rep; it’s as little as an hour a month or as much as 10 hours a month depending on the projects the CTHA has running and your level of voluntary participation.

Nominations close soon, so if you’re interested please send the CTHA an email and let us know…

http://www.ctha.ca/contactus/index_e.htm

Thanks
Dan Casciati
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

How are things going on the CTHA board elections?

~Paul
TheStein
Sophmore
Sophmore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the USTHA will be doing the same?
bluecollardan
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep
CTHA Ont/Maritimes Rep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
Dan,

How are things going on the CTHA board elections?

~Paul

Well we still have an open position at VP and there is one other open slot that needs to be filled.

Hopefully everything will be in place before the holiday season.

Thanks
Dan
PC_Gone _Crazy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the open slot just put a base in it, and add a playing figure on top!

I'm sure those openings will soon be filled. Good luck to you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> Canadian Table Hockey Association All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: