Official ACTHF Forum
Official CTHA Forum
Official USTHA Forum

Donations Menu
Sponsors
Donate Here
Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index Table Hockey Heaven
Table Hockey Fourms

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Classic Tablehockey Federation ~ www.ACTHF.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> American Classic Table Hockey Federation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Acthf Reply with quote

LedZepFan94 wrote:
ChallengerSRT8 wrote:
Superdave3n2 wrote:
Cool You guys are nasty....
I finally got on the next night...
And Bob I don't have a Commodore 64...
I GOT WINDOWS 98"
LOL
Super Dave Cool

Sorry SuperDave. That was just a bad joke! Embarassed

My unsuccessful attempt at humor was that because we're accessing Classic content, we need the Commodore 64 update for our computers in order to view the web site.

At least me, myself and I thought it was funny. Laughing

i thought it was a little funny....good one pop! Very Happy

Thanks Aaron. I'll take you out for pizza for saying so. Laughing
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see much sneering at Classic in these parts. BUT like in all hobbies Ford vs Chevy. ZEPPELIN vs stones. Gretzky or ORR. COLECO/ VINTAGE vs STIGA,its only human to compare and feel a favorite. So there may have been some sneering noticed somewhere for sure lol.
John Power is up on the wheel when it comes to orginizing and living CLASSIC GAMES! For that we the Table Hockey community are Grateful.

Keep it ALIVE! Keep it KrAnKiN John!!

Pedal to da Metal
Jim Rzonca

P.S.My webtv is primitive.Its like making a fire by clicking rocks. BUT Even WEBTV gets www.ACTHF.com !!
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rzonca wrote:
I dont see much sneering at Classic in these parts. BUT like in all hobbies Ford vs Chevy. ZEPPELIN vs stones. Gretzky or ORR. COLECO/ VINTAGE vs STIGA,its only human to compare and feel a favorite. So there may have been some sneering noticed somewhere for sure lol.
John Power is up on the wheel when it comes to orginizing and living CLASSIC GAMES! For that we the Table Hockey community are Grateful.

Pedal to da Metal
Jim Rzonca

P.S.My webtv is primitive.Its like making a fire by clicking rocks. BUT Even WEBTV gets www.ACTHF.com !!

Those are great points Jim.

These leagues and tournaments and web sites don't just magically appear. I'm grateful to all of you, past and present, who put it together and kept it together for the rest of us.

Your efforts and sacrifices are very much appreciated!

BTW...I used to have WebTV. It was pretty cool.
johnbenej
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no. I am not responding to this thread and the posts on it. I am responding to what I perceive to be a general lack of understanding in regards to the status of the custom coleco game in particular and the vintage games in general.
Looking at the numbers, magical events like Shark Tank and Hegewisch Cup (both of which are held in Chicago) receive miniscule support and maximum derision from the North American Table Hockey Community as a whole. These are two events which are superior in my opinion to most stiga and custom coleco events that I have attended--most.

The amount of pissing and moaning by folks who do not attend vintage tournaments about vintage events is what I am responding to. I am not aware that you have to abide by what is said on a thread in order to make a comment--a general comment. I am not responding to any message on this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

There is intense competition for players amongst games and organizers--with one particular game getting the lion's share of players. It serves the players of this particular game--which is not a vintage game--to mock and deride vintage pursuits and intimidate/indoctrinate newer players to sticking to one game and one game only. This is a serious problem and so far I am the only person who is speaking out against this.

Lets all have this conversation. Every time someone sneers at a vintage event or game or league, ask them why choose to sneer. Chances are, they want to "protect their turf."
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnbenej wrote:
No no no. I am not responding to this thread and the posts on it. I am responding to what I perceive to be a general lack of understanding in regards to the status of the custom coleco game in particular and the vintage games in general.
Looking at the numbers, magical events like Shark Tank and Hegewisch Cup (both of which are held in Chicago) receive miniscule support and maximum derision from the North American Table Hockey Community as a whole. These are two events which are superior in my opinion to most stiga and custom coleco events that I have attended--most.

The amount of pissing and moaning by folks who do not attend vintage tournaments about vintage events is what I am responding to. I am not aware that you have to abide by what is said on a thread in order to make a comment--a general comment. I am not responding to any message on this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

There is intense competition for players amongst games and organizers--with one particular game getting the lion's share of players. It serves the players of this particular game--which is not a vintage game--to mock and deride vintage pursuits and intimidate/indoctrinate newer players to sticking to one game and one game only. This is a serious problem and so far I am the only person who is speaking out against this.

Lets all have this conversation. Every time someone sneers at a vintage event or game or league, ask them why choose to sneer. Chances are, they want to "protect their turf."

Sorry for the misunderstanding John.

I didn't know there was such an atmosphere prevalent in the table hockey community. That's a shame. I'm new to organized play, and the only experience I've had is with the LTHL. Jim Rzonca is the most positive and encouraging man I have ever met, and the LTHL members reflect that too. Jim wants us to enjoy ALL of the different games and be skilled with each. I naively assumed it was like that everywhere.

In Chicago, we play 16" softball, 12" slow pitch, and regular baseball. They aren't in competition with each other. Each has a respected place in our sports community. That's a good example for the table hockey guys out there to follow.

You have the right perspective John. You shouldn't even legitimize the nonsense with a response. The Chicago players stand with you. It's a big table hockey world out there.

Or, you can believe the earth is flat. Wink
Superdave3n2
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: acthf Reply with quote

John and Bob, You both make very good points in regards to the support for the various games out there. John, I have attended many events over the last 5 years and I've seen alot of rule changes and game dynamics change. But it all boils down to one thing. We love to play table Hockey no matter what form is presented. If I could I would be at every event put on but right now I just don't have the funds to do it. My goal is to participate in one of the Shark Tanks and to also visit John in Breesy Point for a Vintage Table Hockey Classic. And I am most looking forward to playing a tournament comprised of MUNRO...
As for all the websites out there, just remember one thing, we all seem to congregate at one site ...Table Hockey Heaven.
Super Dave Cool
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: acthf Reply with quote

Superdave3n2 wrote:

As for all the websites out there, just remember one thing, we all seem to congregate at one site ...Table Hockey Heaven.
Super Dave Cool

Right on Dave! That was the thought process to get us all here. There was resistance from some. But time always will tell as we now see its worked in very positive ways!

Jim Rzonca
www.ACTHF.com
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: acthf Reply with quote

Superdave3n2 wrote:
But it all boils down to one thing. We love to play table Hockey no matter what form is presented.

...As for all the websites out there, just remember one thing, we all seem to congregate at one site ...Table Hockey Heaven.
Super Dave Cool

GAME-SET-MATCH----> Super Dave! Clapping
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Dave. You must swim with the Sharks one day!

Happy Trails..........
Jim Rzonca
www.ACTHF.com
LedZepFan94
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rzonca wrote:

Pedal to da Metal
Jim Rzonca

I noticed u mentioned "zeppelin vs stones"......lemme jst say....ZEPPELIN ALL THE WAY
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Page Rules...............

ZoSo
LedZepFan94
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rzonca wrote:
Jimmy Page Rules...............

ZoSo

haha u got that rite! Cool ...although my dad would say the stones are better....i'll teach him LOL
PensFan
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stones spones, zepplin slepplin

Grateful Dead all the way Rasta

LET'S GO PENS
2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PensFan wrote:
Stones spones, zepplin slepplin

Grateful Dead all the way Rasta

You're so funny Rolling On Floor Laughing
GuinsWin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we're talking English Rock Bands well... then I like The Who better than either the Stones or Zep. But as far as concert bands in general... PensFan has it right... The Grateful Dead all the way.... best concert band ever!!! Although Dr John, Los Lobos, Neil Young and the Allman Brothers all kick butt too. Rasta Cheers
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe we should make a Gratefull Dead CD timer for U.S. Open. Which song? Something snappy to make us all Happy.

Jim Rzonca
ChallengerSRT8
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rzonca wrote:
I think maybe we should make a Gratefull Dead CD timer for U.S. Open. Which song? Something snappy to make us all Happy.

Jim Rzonca

Put me down for Truckin'.
Jim Rzonca
2nd Team All Star
2nd Team All Star

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody. Jeff Thill has nicely updated the ACTHF site with the ****COLECO U.S. OPEN**** numbers. Please take a peak at www.ACTHF.com today!

Jim Rzonca
www.ACTHF.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Table Hockey Heaven Forum Index -> American Classic Table Hockey Federation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: